Monday, April 19, 2010

University Colloquium Class

There are many aspect of this class that I have enjoyed and learned a lot. There are many documentaries that we were assigned to watch that taught me a great deal about how large corporations are treating third world countries. So, I like to know which companies use bad business practices so that I know not to buy their product. I did feel that some of the field trips were redundant. I think that the Corkscrew Swamp, FGCU Trail,and the Matanzaz Pass were all the same type of environment. I would have rather visited a recycling plant or a landfill. I didn't like most of the readings because it just seemed a little pompous. Instead of making it easy to understand and getting to the point they added a lot of filler to make themselves sound smarter. The only exception to this was reading the novel A Land Remembered which was both interesting and I learned a lot. I don't think there's a need for both a discussion and a quiz. Also, I hate the blog because I don't think it's really necessary. I don't feel like I learn anything from it. It's just another thing I have to do to prove I read the materials or watched the film clips. However, overall I did enjoy the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment